https://naturalmeds.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/checklist.jpg 193 261 NM Content Author https://naturalmeds.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/nmlogoresizeupdate-1.png NM Content Author2017-09-24 12:48:432017-11-29 10:07:37#ChewOnThis New Year Checklist
Whilst none of this may be rocket science, at this time of year, we all can do with a gentle reminder reinforcing good habits that help our overall health and wellbeing. Correct and complete digestion is a foundation of optimal health.
- Eat meals at regular times. Your body appreciates a regular schedule.
- Take time to savour your food and don’t forget to chew properly. Enzymes start from the mouth.
- Get enough sleep at night, at least 8-9 hours. Sleep is the great healer and we tend to underestimate its importance in our sleep-deprived culture.
- Drink plenty of H2O whenever your lips or mouth feel dry. We tend to be dehydrated and this hampers good digestion and overall health.
- Replace a cooked meal with a raw meal daily. Raw fruits and vegetables contain valuable enzymes that are lost when foods are heated in cooking.
- Take a good probiotic to maintain healthy flora in the intestines.
- Reduce stress through daily exercise, yoga and meditation, and take a relaxing walk after you eat
- Try a product containing a full spectrum blend of the four key enzymes, including protease to digest protein, amylase to digest carbohydrates, lipase to digest fats, and cellulase to digest fiber.
- We can think of various enzymes as pieces of a puzzle that fit exclusively in one spot, and the puzzle is never complete if there’s a single missing piece. Take our simple quiz to see if you have an enzyme deficiency. Don’t rely on antacids or ignore the symptoms, initiate steps to a healthier digestion. Click to view quiz to see if you are enzyme deficient.